Commercial Aircraft Reviews & Traveller Opinions
- 22 September 2022
- Baby plane
- 07 June 2022
- Absolutely best flight ever on KLM 787-10 in Europe business. Seats very comfortable, quiet ride, good air temp and circulation and pleasant lighting.
Lockheed L-1011 TriStar
- 10 May 2022
- An excellent aircraft. Spacious interior and very quiet. Galley being below deck opened up the cabin to being less cluttered. Sad to see this plane phased out so soon!
- 25 April 2022
- Thanks so much for the factual data on airliners. Have just experienced an interest, in spotting these wonderous machines and am ancient. All the best and keep up the great website
- 04 March 2022
- Great little plane, fast, comfortable good leg room, no fuss
Bombardier Dash 8 Q400
- 18 February 2022
- fly delhi to kandla running airline spicejet aircraft very noise
- 08 February 2022
- I think it is a good aircraft but the 737 MAX ruined its reputation and since then, Boeing has gotten sloppy with their work. Merging with McDonald Douglas was a bad idea since they're the Walmart of aviation. the DC-10 literally explodes.
- 05 February 2022
- Horrible aircraft. Flown by SAA domestically, which was just about acceptable, but also flown regionally to Mauritius at weekends. Totally substandard for international flights.
- 06 October 2021
- I work for an airline that uses this type aircraft. The two previous comments about temperature in the front are inaccurate. The temperature controls are on the flight deck and are broken down by zones. If it was hot in the front, it was because the setting was set that way. All you had to do was tell the flight attendant to have the pilot turn the temperature down. They could freeze you if they wanted to.
- 02 December 2020
- We flew two of their A319 planes first class August 2019 from PK to Irkutsk with a change in Khabarosk. We were tremendously impressed with nearly world-class service, food, legroom, plane interior, hot and cold washcloths, and everything on both flights. Would highly recommend the airline, at least the aircraft as haven't flown on their craft.
- 28 August 2020
- Irkut needs to up the range to at least 8000km or 4300nm if it is serious about competing with Boeing and Airbus.
- 21 July 2020
- Nepal Airlines bought 6 of this planes. Now after 4 years all of them are grounded. Because (according to the airline)- problems occurring too frequently, very slow after sale service and parts delivery, total new sets of pilots and technicians needed( too expensive), too high operational costs.
- 05 March 2020
- I really loved to fly this plane in the States
Bombardier Dash 8 Q300
- 25 January 2020
- I didn't fly this but this aircraft is like, a kid of the Q400. Lmao. It is a very good airplane in terms of region jumping(flying from region1 to region2)
- 03 December 2019
- Homestly a great piece of machinery and a beauty of art
- 25 August 2019
- Nice aircraft
- 21 August 2019
- Love this plane!!
- 26 July 2019
- Very nice interior and very well designed
- 02 March 2019
- i think this is a very cool plane because it has three engines and its used as a house! and i mean the sound just takes your breath away
- 06 September 2018
- Have got many oppurtunities to travel In A320 through different Airlines. I like A320 plane. It is very comfortable.
- 04 August 2018
- A powerful and lovely looking aircraft. Love the fuel consumption
- 28 July 2018
- This is a wonderful, state-of-the-art single-aisle, jetliner. It fits many market segments. It is superior to the E190-E2 and even the A319. Would it be possible to configure the A220-300 with 3 rows of 2x2 Business class seats, 36" pitch, plus 125 Y class seats, 32" pitch, for a total of 137 seats, plus 2 lavatories and 2 galleys ?? Just thinking........ Thanks.
- 02 July 2018
- Its a beautifully designed machine. i love it.
- 26 April 2018
- I lived in Egypt in the late 60's and this was the shuttle plane between Cairo and Alexandria. I made numerous trips with my dad who was an oilfield manager. The plane constantly vibrated and like the previous poster said, was extremely noisy. United Arab Airlines (now EgyptAir) also used this model to fly from Alexandria to Athens. I flew it once and with the longer distance the left engine was smoking by the time we landed. The flight attendant said this is normal. LMAO.
- 26 April 2018
- Most uncomfortable flight ever.
- 13 October 2017
- THIS airplane is the most worst airplane ,no comfort at all , very narrow seats very hot weather while passengers inside waiting for takeoff , , it is for trip not more than 45 minutes to withstand its bad seats , it should not be for trips 3 hours
- 09 June 2017
- I have traveled on YAK 42D on route Termez to Tashkent in 1989. Yak 42 is nice plane similar to boeing 737 but why it is powered by three engines it is not so big plane and second it should be designed as twin engine aircraft with engines mounted on wings
- 03 April 2017
- Its quiet a good plane. i love its endurance
- 13 January 2017
- I just flew on the 737-800 with the cool interior upgrades. Although I am not a frequent flyer, the next time I do fly I will fly on the 800 class again. It is truly a fine flying experience!
- 07 July 2016
- i think it can be better alternative for twin otter......it can fly in the STOL airport of having 570 m runway in high altitute above mean sea level and 300-400 km distance....like country in nepal.....
- 10 June 2016
- I think it is a beauty. Should be number one in medium sized aircraft
- 28 May 2016
- Took a flight on this recently. Fun ride but a bit noisy. No cabin crew/service - just pilot and co-pilot. Very comfortable seats. Yes there is a toilet but obviously, no cabin service - but then the flight was only a little over 2 hours.
- 21 May 2016
- We like dornier 228.
- 06 March 2016
- I flew this aircraft for 12 years without any serious problems true it is not easy to fly like the b-727 but it is much better in performence with some modernisation only in avionics this aircraft is really marvelous
- 17 February 2016
- I am from Pakistan and a big fan of Soviet aircrafts I have recieved education from USSR and familiar with russian language . I have flown in An-26 from Tashkent to Termez and found the aircraft very good performance sand safe .
- 17 January 2016
- Some years back I was with Bonanza Airlines in Arizona, USA. I was the purchasing agent supporting the F27 fleet. We had Wilcox radios on the aircraft. Wilcox went out of business and finding parts became difficult. At the time we could still find aircraft parts. Bonanza eventually stepped up to DC9s but for the smaller communities the F27 was still the best. Every now and then I was allowed time in the right seat. Loved it. Beat the heck out of a 172.
- 04 November 2015
- Flew this with Air Koryo in September 2015 and was very pleasantly surprised. Spacious, quiet and comfortable. (I'm 1,94m tall). From a passenger point of view I would say it stands up well to all competitors!
- 22 June 2015
- there are still several 707's being used for Military. E-8, E-3, E-6
DHC-6 Twin Otter
- 28 May 2015
- They are easier to glide because they don't have massive pods and blades. However, the wings aren't exactly optimized for gliding unless you find thermals (and that will help won't it?). However, the cabin is sweet.
- 20 December 2014
- Recently flew on one from Montreal to Cuba. It was the most cramped,,, uncomfortable plane ride I took.
- 14 October 2014
- The DC-9 will forever be on the top of my list for the best airplane I've ever flown. I have flown on the -50 model quite often. Love everything about it. It's a very sturdy and dependable aircraft. Wish they would bring it back to Delta Airlines.
- 27 July 2014
- The 300 had easer to read engine instruments under certain lighting conditions compared to the 400.
- 31 December 2013
- Flew metros for many years operated by Berry Aviation between NASNI and San Clemente Island. Miserable aircraft, crawl in and out all hunched over, very loud, vibrates, very rough in any kind of weather. But always delivered us back and forth over water alive.
- 18 April 2013
- I've had the opportunity to fly the 747-8 already twice in economy and there are several extremely disappointing features in how LH has handled the interior design and layout. First of all, the Toilet layout and size in Y class is a pure and utter disaster. It is strange to see a product that has been developed 20 years after the 777 (superb machine) with so many flaws. The toilets are small. I mean S M A L L. I am not a big person, but i can barely move in them, compared to the LH A340-600 or the 777 or even the normal 320/330/340/380 family the designers had a problem...a bad night, bad education, no inspiration or a really bad brief from LH. It is so bad that I will avoid flying the 747-8 in Y in the future! Beware if you have little children. The diaper changing table is a joke, laugh or insult! The size of it is ridiculous and was clearly designed by somebody who never handled a baby in their life. There is also not enough toilets for so many passengers. Overall, a major design disaster. What was the LH/BOEING team thinking I do not know. Clearly they did not have passenger comfort, privacy and all that goes in the "care for your customers" corner in mind. Maybe they wanted to put in two more rows of seats, who knows. But they failed miserably.
Evektor EV-55 Outback
- 05 March 2013
- Comparatively, this plane is better than the CESSNA grand caravan which can seat a maximum of 14 passengers which cost almost 2 million us dollars.. How much does the Evektor EV-55 cost? It is like comparing an eclipse and a cessna mustang
- 25 January 2013
- flew this great new jet to Korea from Boston... wow what a pleasure, beautiful aircraft, looked like a crane with it's slender jointed wings, and very comfortable economy class. Looking forward to them sorting out the glitches for my flight back.
McDonnell Douglas MD-90
- 18 November 2012
- Very comfy plane delta took out the galley in the back of the plane and added more seats!
- 09 August 2012
- This planes are not the most fuel efficient in the world, but surely there is no safer one. When about building aircrafts, russians seem to care about flight safety much more than americans or westerners.
- 09 July 2012
- excellent aircraft with a bright future
- 13 June 2012
- this plane looks pretty good for the market if it is more fuel efficient by 4% than the 747-8. yep lets see this aircraft go into production and testing.